The scheme aims to raise standards in coaching across the game by ensuring that coaches keep their training and qualifications up to date.
The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club forms a key part of The FA’s Youth Development Review and Coaching Strategy.
In today’s ever evolving game, it is essential that coaches at all levels of the game keep up to speed with new coaching techniques and advice.
The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club will require that coaches meet the following criteria in order to join:-
1) Minimum Level One coaching qualification
2) Emergency Aid certificate
3) FA Safeguarding children certificate
4) FA CRC check (if coaching children)
Once they are licensed to coach, coaches will need to ensure they commit to a certain level of training every year in order to retain their licence:-
Level One - 3 hours per year
Level Two - 5 hours per year
Level Three / UEFA B - 5 hours per year
UEFA A & Pro Licence - 5 hours per year
This training can be made up in a number of ways, such as by taking additional qualifications, completing an online course or attending a local CPD event. In order to encourage coaches to join and get their coaching licence, coaches will receive a number of benefits from the scheme:-
1) Access to a new website with online resources, session plans, interviews and coaching news.
2) Free England tickets (ballot entry for all home matches for every England team).
3) Discounts on FA Learning courses.
4) Access to accredited local training events.
5) FA Photo Coaching Licence.
6) Option to purchase insurance.
7) Option to subscribe to The FA’s coaching magazine.
8) Option to subscribe to UEFA’s coaching tool, TaxtX.
McDonald’s are FA Learning Partner and The FA’s official Coaches Partner and they will provide invaluable support for The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club by offering 1000 free licenses to coaches across the game.