New teams are regularly set up to meet demand. Before embarking on forming a new team, ask yourself the following questions:
• Are there enough potential players?
• Are there enough volunteers to take care of club organisation and admin?
Below are a few things clubs should think about to set up a new club:
• Select club name and colours
• Appoint club officials
• Write club constitution and organise Annual General Meeting
• Affiliate with your local County Football Association and the league you wish to enter
• Produce a list of running costs
• Understand the rules of competitions you wish to enter
• Familiarise yourself with Safeguarding Children rules if running a team including under-18s or vulnerable adults
• Obtain adequate insurance
• Purchase suitable kit and equipment
• Hire pitches for matches and training
• Raise funds and set up a club bank account
• Notify members of fixtures and liaise with opposition
For further information and advice on setting up a new club, please click here. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.